As major proponents of raw, organic turmeric juice, we're always on the hunt for a tasty turmeric-infused recipe. This is what ultimately led us to Kara Lydon of Kara Lydon Nutrition, another strong advocate for all things turmeric. Kara makes a mean Turmeric Chickpea Salad in Avocado Boats. Yum!
This light and refreshing lunch recipe is jammed with flavor, as well as nutritional value. Give it a try and be sure to share your end result with us on social media, tagging @sogoodsoyou!
Turmeric Chickpea Salad Avocado Boats via Kara Lydon Nutrition
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 ripe avocados, pitted and sliced in half
- Add chickpeas to a medium mixing bowl and mash the chickpeas using the back of a fork or a potato masher. Add onion, turmeric, dill, garlic powder, salt, mustard and tahini, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon chickpea salad mixture on top of the avocados and serve immediately.
If you're looking for your turmeric fix, without the mess of juicing raw turmeric yourself, try out our Turmeric shot.
Made with organic, raw turmeric juice, and other real plant-based ingredients, this shot delivers the functional benefits you want and need. Find a store near you using our store finder.