Fill Your Day With Flavor with Our New Kale Caesar Salad Recipe!
The golden rule for salads: don’t forget the dressing.
This Kale Caesar salad is full of flavor (no anchovies required!) so check it out and let us know what you think!
KALE CAESAR SALAD
- 1 bunch raw destemmed kale
- ½ can garbanzo beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 ½ Tbsp tahini
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Blend garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, and 2 Tbsp water together in a blender until very smooth and creamy
- Pour mixture into a bowl and whisk in lemon juice, zest, mustard, rice vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cayenne
- Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify into the dressing. Taste and adjust, if need be, with lemon, salt or pepper
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces
- In a large bowl, mix kale and dressing to fully coat the leaves. Give it a good massage!
- Eat immediately, or, let the dressing sit with the greens. Kale is hearty and holds up great – we actually prefer this one on Day 2.
- For added texture (and flavor!) top with roasted garbanzo beans and a squeeze of lemon.