How to prepare for your Juice Cleanse
Deciding to do a cleanse is the first step towards a healthier you. But jumping head first into a cleanse is usually the first mistake people tend to make. Preparing your body for a cleanse by treating it right a few days before starting will help your cleanse go smoothly and your body will thank you.
While prepping for a cleanse is different for every person, here are a few basic guidelines to ensure your first cleanse goes smoothly.
- Reduce intake of harmful substances into your body
- Substances like sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes will only add toxins into your body that the cleanse is trying to remove. Give your body a break by dropping these at least 2-3 days before starting your cleanse.
- Stay Hydrated
- Your body will be working overtime as it adjusts to your cleanse. Staying hydrated by drinking 4-6 glasses of water a day before starting your cleanse will help your body acclimate and keep you from feeling burnt out.
- Eat Healthy!
- Just because you are starting a cleanse doesn’t mean you can go wild with bad foods. Give your body a head start by avoiding fried foods and red meat before starting your cleanse. Eating more fruits and veggies will help jumpstart the benefits of your cleanse and make the transition into your cleanse smoother and more enjoyable.
- As we said before, your body is going to be working overtime adjusting to your cleanse, getting a good night’s sleep in the days leading up to your cleanse will help you and your body immensely!
- Simply adjust your workout routine to match your energy levels in the days leading up to your cleanse. Listening to your body is key.
Remember, most people experience some sort of detox reaction during a cleanse. These tips are here to make the transition easier on your mind and body.