Every delicious meal begins with a mouthwatering starter. For our Fully Plant-based Holiday Meal, that calls for Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup.
This tasty, plant-based soup is the perfect way to warm up your palette, and equally as delicious on its own as a light lunch or supper (leftovers, anyone?). The lemongrass perfectly balances the pumpkin, making for a soup that is velvety yet light. Delicious. Nutritious. And guaranteed to have everyone at the table saying "mmmm!"
Best part is, it's super easy and ready in no time. So, what are you waiting for?
Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup Starter
- 5 C fresh pumpkin or winter squash, rough 2 inch dice
- 1 T fresh lemongrass, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. turmeric, dried or 1 tsp. Fresh
- Pinch cayenne pepper or a little more if you like spice
- 1- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. good vinegar, apple cider or rice wine
- ½ tsp. maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil or other neutral flavor oil
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, sweat lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric and cayenne until beginning to soften.
- Add pumpkin chunks and continue to sweat for another 5 mins., stirring as to not brown anything.
- Add can of coconut milk and bring to a low simmer.
- Cook until the pumpkin is very tender, about 20-25 mins.
- Puree soup in a blender until very smooth, season with salt, pepper, vinegar and maple syrup to your liking.
- Garnish with toasted pepitas or a dollop of coconut cream or both.
Special thank you to our chef advisor, @jessipeine, for crafting these delicious holiday, plant-based recipes.
To shop So Good So You probiotic shots in stores to pair with your soup, visit our store finder here.