Posted September 18, 2020
So Good Brand is looking for a highly productive, self-driven Staff Accountant to join our team in Minneapolis, MN! In this role, you will work directly with our Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager to support the financial accounting, reporting, and internal control requirements of So Good Brand, Inc. This is a unique and dynamic opportunity in a multi-faceted, growing business where you will be working with leadership to make a difference.
So Good Brand is a leading functional beverage manufacturer, dedicated to creating delicious, innovative beverages and making them accessible to those looking to live a healthier, happier life.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Key Job Duties
- Support the month-end close process with P&L and balance sheet accountability.
- Work closely with various departments on operational input and continuous improvement.
- Perform daily banking transactions for cash management, receipt and disbursement activity.
- Support the Operations team with invoicing customers and suppliers.
- Work with external accountants and insurance entities in the preparation of financial compilations, reviews, and tax return filings.
- Communicate effectively with customers and colleagues across a range of disciplines, and all levels of management.
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
- Undergraduate B.S. Degree – emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3+ years of relative accounting and financial analytical experience
- Strong computer skills – Excel (vlookup, pivot tables) and Quickbooks are essential.
- Experience with any or all of the following is a plus: Fishbowl Inventory System, SPS Commerce, G-Suite and Slack.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural problem solver willing to dig in and find solutions.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to use data analysis to develop insights and hypotheses vs. reported numbers.
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Ability to adapt on the fly and able to deal with ambiguity.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Salary
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Industry: Food/Beverage Manufacturing, Consumer Products
Compensation Range: Salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, and Paid-Time Off
How to Apply
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please include the position you’re applying for. In this case, it would be Staff Accountant.
About Our Company
We believe that food is medicine and together we can make a positive change in the world. We are a plant-based functional beverage brand in hyper-growth mode and are proud to be recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US. Founded in March 2014 in Minneapolis, our functional shots are found in 47 states in amazing retail partners like Target, Publix, Safeway, and Sprouts. Asa mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes in the concept of Do So Good and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with consuming wholesome, non-GMO and organic plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2021. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!