Posted August 31, 2020
So Good Brand is looking for a fearless, productive, and dynamic Regional Sales Manager to join our growing company! In this role, you will serve as the face and voice of our company, build brand recognition, and successfully promote our products. This position’s primary responsibility will be growing So Good So Brand’s wholesale (retail) business through acquisition and growth of wholesale accounts in Natural & Organic Channel for our product lines: cold-pressed juices, probiotic shots & innovative new functional beverages. This person will be responsible for working with our broker team to drive top line revenue, new customer acquisition, and field execution. They will manage key accounts and maintain/build our broker relationships to evangelize and expand our brand in the marketplace. This position will also represent our brand at tradeshows, festivals, and demo opportunities and manage events as needed.
So Good Brand is a leading functional beverage manufacturer, dedicated to creating delicious, innovative beverages and making them accessible to those looking to live a healthier, happier life.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, with travel requirements monthly.
Key Job Duties
New Business Development (50%):
- Identify and target key accounts for market penetration developing a strategic approach and driving urgency behind implementation plan.
- Establish and build strong relationship with key retailers in Natural & Organic channel.
- Strategically launch new functional beverage product lines.
- Understand the competitive landscape to be able to better position So Good Brand and products.
- Identify and close new business opportunities for the brand
- Conduct financial analysis prior to creating a presentation for any new customer to fully understand the opportunity.
Sales Manager (30%):
- Grow existing business and gain new distribution in strategic accounts.
- Drive velocity by implementing effective retail promotion strategies, including post promotion and ROI measurement.
- Build relationship and maintain recurring meetings with key brokers and distributors.
- Exceed monthly sales goals and achieve quarterly KPIs.
- Optimize shelf position and retail pricing.
- Maintain knowledge of all So Good Brand products and their differentiation with other brands on the market.
- Support accounts by being responsive to their needs and proactively providing them with applicable information.
- Submit annual advertising/marketing/promotional budget for region to manager.
- Develop and manage forecast and trade plan for all accounts.
- Develop specific objectives, quotas, and incentive for key retailers/distributors/brokers.
- Monitor and report competitive activity monthly.
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- Coordinate efforts with the marketing and production departments.
Brand Ambassador (10%):
- Plan and execute local, regional, and national trades shows, festivals, and demo opportunities supporting your key accounts.
- Synthesizes field feedback and provides insight on new and existing product lines.
- Conduct product training and handle inventory preparation initiatives at the distribution and store level.
- Generates brand awareness through word-of-mouth marketing.
- Other duties as assigned by sales team.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Essential Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of achievement in sales, preferably in start-up or CPG industry with Key Account Management experience. A plus for manufacturing sales experience.
- Successful track record of driving sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis.
- Experience in Natural and Specialty Grocery and/or Independents preferred. Conventional, Mass/Big Box, Canada, Club, and Food Service experience a plus.
- Financial, analytical, mathematical problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing trade plans and deals to effectively manage the trade budget.
- Dynamic presenter, communicator, and listener. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a “do-what-it-takes” start-up environment with an entrepreneurial spirit and “owns accountabilities.”
- Relentlessly driven, self-motivated, and goal oriented.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Passionate about food and how it can lead to a healthier body and planet.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel & PowerPoint essential. G-Suite a plus.
- Ability to transport materials to and from events, provide your own transportation, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in short shelf life, refrigerated products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree. Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Communication or related field a plus.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Salary
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Experience: 2+ Years of Sales and Account Management, preferably for a Manufacturer. 1+ Years of Trade Show Participation.
Industry: Consumer Products, some knowledge of nutritional products.
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Compensation Range: Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com
About Our Company
We believe that food is medicine and together we can make a positive change in the world. We are a plant-based functional beverage brand in hyper-growth mode and are proud to be recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US. Founded in March 2014 in Minneapolis, our functional shots are found in 47 states in amazing retail partners like Target, Publix, Safeway, and Sprouts. Asa mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes in the concept of Do So Good and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with consuming wholesome, non-GMO and organic plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2021. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!