Posted December 12, 2020
Job Purpose: The QA Lead will be responsible to oversee all duties and projects as they develop their skills and understanding of the food safety and quality system. The lead role is a very hand on, highly interactive role in a fast paced, ever changing production environment. The lead will seek and drive continuous improvement of all aspects of the food safety and quality system. The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Perform the following duties which include, but are not limited to, pre-operational inspection, monitor process controls, perform sample collection for microbiological or chemical testing, troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective action when deviations occur, perform quality audits, investigate customer feedback and internal incidents, monitor employees for proper work conduct including but not limited to HACCP, GMP’s, SOP’s and SSOP’s, review paperwork for accuracy, interact with FDA and SQF inspection staff and plant management teams, review monthly goals and continuous improvement projects with supervisor
- Monitor and assist Plant manager in developing, training, implementation and monitoring of food safety and quality system
- Evaluate process flows and controls for adherence to HACCP plan
- Assess data generated quality control and food safety systems and production teams to identify trends and develop plans to drive improvement
- Drive agreed upon continuous improvement projects to successful completion
- Conduct non-routine tasks (GMP audits, Glass/Brittle, Retention Program, Internal Audits)
- Evaluate and ensure effectiveness of implemented corrective actions and preventive measures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Assume supervisor role when Plant Manager is absent
- Take a proactive role in ensuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a Quality assurance role in a food manufacturing facility or college education in a related degree
- Ability to assess risk and make decisions under pressure in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to display leadership skills and develop leadership skills of team and coworkers.
- Ability to quickly respond to incidents and changes and lead a team of technicians through them.
- Display, initiate to assess the department needs in order to create, plan and execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Exceptional communication skills (Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or coworkers
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Critical thinking skills and a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to read and interpret data and related documentation
- Strong mathematical (addition, division, multiplication, percentages) and computer skills (Email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work on your feet in a cold wet environment
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!