Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup
Every delicious meal begins with a mouthwatering starter. For our Fully Plant-based Holiday Meal, that calls for Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup. This tasty, plant-based soup is the perfect way to warm up your palette, and equally as delicious on its own as a light lunch or supper (leftovers, anyone?). The lemongrass perfectly balances the pumpkin, making for a soup that is velvety yet light. What are you waiting for?
Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup Starter
*Recipe makes 5 cups of soup, 2-4 servings
- 5 C fresh pumpkin or winter squash, rough 2 inch dice
- 1 T fresh lemongrass, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. turmeric, dried or 1 tsp. Fresh
- Pinch cayenne pepper or a little more if you like spice
- 1- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. good vinegar, apple cider or rice wine
- ½ tsp. maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil or other neutral flavor oil
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, sweat lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric and cayenne until beginning to soften.
- Add pumpkin chunks and continue to sweat for another 5 mins., stirring as to not brown anything.
- Add can of coconut milk and bring to a low simmer.
- Cook until the pumpkin is very tender, about 20-25 mins.
- Puree soup in a blender until very smooth, season with salt, pepper, vinegar and maple syrup to your liking.
- Garnish with toasted pepitas or a dollop of coconut cream or both.
Special thank you to our chef advisor, @jessipeine, for crafting these delicious recipes. Click below to check out one of the other holiday recipes!
- Pumpkin Lemongrass Soup
- Holiday Immunity Cocktail/Mocktail
- Winter Warm Carrot Galette
- Crispy Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts
- Chocolate Chai Mousse
To shop So Good So You probiotic shots in stores, visit our store finder here.