Trade Spend Accountant
Job Title: Trade Spend Accountant
Summary: This position will support the Account Receivable Accountant in closing the gap in deduction management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will utilize key tools from customer portals to retrieve and request documentation for deduction management to ensure accuracy and potential recovery
- Review the information to ensure completeness
- Prepare and forward documentation, such as, proof of delivery and invoices
- Partner with Sales, Operations, and Logistics to validate trade spend deductions and dispute charges when needed
- Review trade spend general ledger to determine if deduction is coded correctly
- For all areas of responsibility, critically consider the processes and technology in place, and explore, recommend and possibly lead improvements that add efficiencies and accuracy
- Key participant in projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Exceptional work ethic and highly detail-oriented and data-driven person who strives to maximize efficiency and productivity and enjoys challenging goals.
- People-first focus – excellent interpersonal skills and experience supporting employees at all levels of an organization.
- Resourceful self-starter who is excited to join a startup, roll-up your sleeves, and help.
- Eager, you proactively find important things to do, ask the right questions, and find answers with little to no supervision, and prioritize making time and space for the team members that you support.
- You will love helping in every capacity that you can so that you, organizational mission + values, company, and team members succeed
- You are an optimist and love working with a fast-paced energetic team and promotion and enhancing our values and culture internally and externally
- The ability to build trust quickly
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills and improve processes
- Exercises independent judgment, work on multiple initiatives, and manage time effectively
- Business curious and bringing problem solving ideas to improve end results for the team
- A college degree in accounting or a related field
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and QuickBooks Enterprise
- Solid understanding of retailer promotions, promotional discounts, and pricing
- This role is based at So Good So You’s corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, and is classified as a hybrid in-office / work from home position
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your cover letter should answer the question: “How do you embody our motto of For the Love of Body & Planet™ in your life?”
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we’ve been featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest growing privately-held companies in the US – two years in a row. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in 10000 locations throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet TM, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet™
Our company believes that we are So Good, TogetherTM and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.