Hiring Manager: Regional Sales Manager
Location: New York City Metropolitan Area
Summary: So Good So You is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Market Manager to develop its growing business with grocery retailers and wholesalers in the New York City metro market. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to develop customer specific strategies, and use of syndicated data to create fact-based category leadership presentations to drive positive sales results. This individual will be instrumental to the growth and scale of So Good So You. You will be responsible for sell in strategies, strategic account management, collaborating with sales leadership on overall strategy, project management, analyzing the business and developing skills on data driven selling and managing the performance of the territory. You will contribute to the overall topline sales strategy and will work collaboratively with all aspects of sales – including leadership, Retail Customer Marketing, Customer Supply Chain, Sales, and other cross functional leaders and will work closely with sales analysts on go to market strategy, performance, and category optimization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the sales calls for all food retailers and wholesalers in the New York Metro Market. Must have an overall knowledge of the entire market retail and distributor landscape.
- Develop annual business growth, sales and margin plans in line with company strategic goals.
- Management of So Good So You’s portfolio of Probiotic Juice Shots.
- Direct and monitor all aspects of trade promotion to ensure maximum impact.
- Category reviews across multiple buyer desks(Produce, Deli, Dairy) to promote and advance the So Good So You portfolio.
- Accurate and timely forecasts for volume, spending and profitability.
- Ensure marketplace execution of Retail programs.
- Be a customer advocate to So Good So You to ensure customers are receiving the appropriate level of organizational support.
- Build strategic partnerships to include annual Joint Business Plan, appropriate Top to Top interactions and disproportionate share of mind in categories that So Good So You play.
- Develop and execute a robust channel and customer strategy with key internal stakeholders.
- Build and provide leadership to cross functional teams to ensure timely implementation of core distribution and breakthrough innovations.
- Work in conjunction with operations, supply chain, demand planning, and fulfillment to ensure proper customer sales service, and delivery excellence.
- Partner and guide the local Broker network to achieve key goals and KPIs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- High-energy self-starter leader as well as collaborative team player.
- Ability to thrive and support teams in a rapidly changing, growing environment.
- Innovative and creative thinker and problem solver who can manage the details without losing sight of the goal.
- Are an active listener with strong negotiating / problem solving skills with a dose of humility.
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree desired with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in food and beverage industry
- Outside sales management experience and demonstrated sales achievement
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
- Keen understanding of syndicated data (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen) and how to use it for internal and external analysis and planning
- Broker management experience desired
- High proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Google Suite
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated success with an emerging brand or highly competitive consumer products category
- Must be a self-starter and possess an entrepreneurial spirit to get things done
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, negotiation tactics, profitability, and budget goals
- Ability to travel for trade shows, field-based execution, sales calls, and meetings as needed
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your cover letter should answer the question: “How do you embody our motto of For the Love of Body & Planet™ in your life?”
You will be asked to complete and present a Case Study applicable to this role to the Hiring Manager.
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we’ve been featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US – two years in a row. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in 7000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.