Posted November 21, 2019
So Good Brand is looking for a fearless, productive, and dynamic National Sales Manager to join our growing company! In this role, you will serve as the face and voice of our company, build brand recognition, and successfully promote our products. This position’s primary responsibility will be growing So Good So Brand’s wholesale (retail) business through acquisition and growth of wholesale accounts in conventional grocery for our product lines: cold-pressed juices, probiotic shots & innovative new functional beverages. This person will be responsible for working with our broker team to drive top line revenue, new customer acquisition, and field execution. They will manage key accounts and maintain/build our broker relationships to evangelize and expand our brand in the marketplace. This position will also represent our brand at trade shows, festivals, and demo opportunities and manage events as needed.
We innovate and we do it with heart. Our commitment to be a Zero Waste manufacturing facility, from source to consumer, we are committed, to driving positive change for the health and well-being of people, community and planet. Everything we do is for the Love of Body & Planet.
Minneapolis, MN, with travel requirements monthly
Key Job Duties:
New Business Development — 50%
- Identify and target key accounts for market penetration developing a strategic approach and driving urgency behind implementation plan.
- Establish and build strong relationship with key retailers across sales channels.
- Strategically launch new functional beverage product lines.
- Understand the competitive landscape to be able to better position So Good Brand and products.
- Identify and close new business opportunities for the brand.
- Conduct financial analysis prior to creating a presentation for any new customer to fully understand the opportunity.
Sales Manager — 30%
- Grow existing business and gain new distribution in strategic accounts.
- Drive velocity by implementing effective retail promotion strategies, including post promotion and ROI measurement.
- Build relationship and maintain recurring meetings with key brokers and distributors.
- Exceed monthly sales goals and achieve quarterly KPIs.
- Optimize shelf position and retail pricing.
- Maintain knowledge of all So Good Brand products and their differentiation with other brands on the market.
- Support accounts by being responsive to their needs and proactively providing them
with applicable information.
- Submit annual advertising/marketing/promotional budget for region to manager.
- Develop and manage forecast and trade plan for all accounts.
- Develop specific objectives, quotas, and incentive for key retailers/distributors/brokers.
- Monitor and report competitive activity monthly.
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- Coordinate efforts with the marketing and production departments.
Brand Ambassador — 10%
- Plan and execute local, regional, and national trades shows, festivals, and demo opportunities supporting your key accounts.
- Synthesizes field feedback and provides insight on new and existing product lines.
- Conduct product training and handle inventory preparation initiatives at the distribution and store level.
- Generates brand awareness through word-of-mouth marketing.
Miscellaneous — 10%
- Other duties assigned by sales team.
Position reports to:
- Director of Sales
- 3-10 years of achievement in sales, preferably in start-up or CPG industry with Key Account Management experience. A plus for manufacturing sales experience.
- Successful track record of driving sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis.
- Experience in Conventional Grocery, Natural and Specialty Grocery, Independents, Mass/Big Box, Club. Food Service experience a plus.
- Financial, analytical, mathematical problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing trade plans and deals to effectively manage the trade budget.
- Dynamic presenter, communicator, and listener. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a “do-what-it-takes” start-up environment with an entrepreneurial spirit and owns accountabilities.
- Relentlessly driven, self-motivated, and goal oriented.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Passionate about food and how it can lead to a healthier body and planet.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel & PowerPoint essential. G-Suite a plus.
- Ability to transport materials to and from events, provide your own transportation, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in short shelf life, refrigerated products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree. Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Communication or related field is a plus.
How to Apply:
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com
About Our Company:
We started So Good Brand Inc. because we believe in the power of real food! Fresh, wholesome food made from fruits & vegetables has incredible benefits and we want to bring these benefits to as many people as possible. Founded in March 2014 in Minneapolis, our two different product lines are now carried in over 3000 locations throughout the US, we ship the products nationwide and operate three retail stores/cafes in the Twin Cities Metro.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes in the concept of Do So Good and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with consuming wholesome, non-GMO plant-based foods, recycling, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a Zero Waste facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2021. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and
happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!