Posted September 3, 2020
The Executive Assistant / Communications Associate is a critical administrative role in the organization responsible for providing comprehensive communications support to the company founders –the Chief Executive and Chief Brand & Innovation Officers. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The right individual will thrive while wearing many hats, including:
- (Home) Office Manager
- Communication facilitator
- Connection-optimizer & network nurturer
- Information-exchange accelerator
- Meticulous organizer
- Provide CEO & CBIO with sophisticated calendar and communication management. Prioritize requests and troubleshoot conflicts, making judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison for the Board of Directors meetings ensuring timely distribution of information, follow-up with meeting minutes, and maintain Board Meeting calendars on behalf of Board Secretary.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the founders’ ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with inbox management, special projects, designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations, collecting and preparing information for staff meetings with staff and outside parties, composing and preparing correspondence and maintaining contact lists
- Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect CEO/CBIO’s organization preferences.
- Work closely with the CEO/CBIOto keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Support CEO/CBIO with the operational management of the Advisory Board.
- Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Leadership Team, on behalf of the CEO/CBIO
- Follow up on contacts made by the CEO/CBIO to cultivate ongoing relationships
- Provide necessary support for PR appearances, tapings and events
- Manage and support operating systems and provide technical support as needed
- Facilitate & streamline communications within the organization, particularly between remote executives and office-based “essential” personnel
- Shipping & receiving, retrieval & delivery of office supplies and sales samples
- Book and manage executives’ travel and expense reports
- Additional projects as requested or assigned
- Must be a person who thrives in an intense figure-it-out and DIY environment of a start-up
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills are an absolute must
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheet, G Drive, Gmail, Calendar), Dropbox, Excel and Microsoft office suite experience
- Digitally-native and social-media savvy
- Strong comfort with technology and the ability to quickly embrace, learn and master new software systems
- High level of motivation and strong work ethic
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Impeccable with independent follow-up
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Excellent judgment is essential. Highly dependable and trust-worthy
- Flexibility to successfully prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive outlook-upbeat, friendly & engaging
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to work within a high-performance team
- “Can do whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude, willing to work nights and weekends if needed
- Minimum 2-year degree required, 4-year degree preferred
- Minimum 1-year previous work experience or professional internship in an administrative of an agency environment
How to Apply
Email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Company
We believe that food is medicine and together we can make a positive change in the world. We are a plant-based functional beverage brand in hyper-growth mode and are proud to be recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately held companiesin the US. Founded in March 2014 in Minneapolis, our functional shots are found in 47 states in amazing retail partners like Target, Publix, Safeway, and Sprouts. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority commuities.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes in the concept of Do So Good and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with consuming wholesome, non-GMO plant-based foods, recycling, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a Zero Waste facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2021. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!