Posted February 3, 2021
The Dock/Warehouse Manager is responsible for the daily flow, staging, and storage of inventories supporting the manufacturing plant. The position is responsible for shipping and receiving; storing and rotating raw materials; staging materials for production; preparing outbound shipment requests and keeping good documentation according to internal requirements, while maintaining a safe and regulatory compliant environment.
So Good Brand is a leading functional beverage manufacturer, dedicated to creating delicious, innovative beverages and making them accessible to those looking to live a healthier, happier life.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, with travel requirements monthly.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the daily functions and activities of the warehouse team as requested by the Plant Manager and the job responsibilities as stated below.
- Assist in driving improvements in safety, food safety, quality, and productivity.
- Manage and execute warehouse receiving and shipping plans.
- Manage and execute production staging plans.
- Manage and execute raw material storage, FIFO rotation and quality control in a just-in-time environment.
- Ensure issues are appropriately managed and records are maintained.
- Execute daily goals with the respective warehouse team.
- Recommends measures to improve receiving, load out methods, staging, storage, and warehousing practices.
- Ensure warehouse teams execute to corporate standards for inventory controls – maintaining accurate inventory in the ERP system – including periodic inventory physical counts and audits.
- This position requires the associate to be responsible for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements in their work areas.
- Leads and directs fellow associates in a professional manner.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Accomplish all of the above in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conducts regular Inventories.
- Maintains clean, organized, and efficient warehouse, cooler, and dock areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Manage all company business according to the cultural objectives of the company (values and behaviors)
- Understand and execute the principles of the company’s Operational Excellence program driving the right behaviors, standards, and continuous improvement across all operating entities
- Participate in cross-functional teams as required to advance the business interests of the company
- Compliance with all company and regulatory policies/guidelines relating to associate safety, food safety and food quality
- Highly organized and process-oriented. Driven to find efficiencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Material handling equipment experience (Pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and stay on task as well as in a team environment
- Adequate computer skills, familiarity with MS Office programs, email, etc.
- Dock, cooler, and dry storage areas (exposure to cold)
- Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions, hot and cold
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Active position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- May have to lift and move items 50 pounds and over
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Warehouse and Logistics Experience
- Food Manufacturing Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Salary
Industry: Consumer Products, some knowledge of nutritional products.
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM. Forty (40) hours per week, or as required for the department. Weekends and holidays as required to execute department goals
How to Apply
Email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Company
We believe that food is medicine and together we can make a positive change in the world. We are a plant-based functional beverage brand in hyper-growth mode and are proud to be recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US. Founded in March 2014 in Minneapolis, our functional shots are found in 47 states in amazing retail partners like Target, Publix, Safeway, and Sprouts. Asa mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes in the concept of Do So Good and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with consuming wholesome, non-GMO and organic plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2021. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!