Summary: The Creative Designer at So Good So You is self-motivated and wants to make a big impact. The Creative Designer is responsible for the concepts, designs and production of the brand’s graphics, collateral, and image. They work on a variety of ongoing projects including packaging, in-store signage, promotional signage, email, marketing materials and sales collateral across traditional and digital platforms, social media content, website graphics, PR content, and Expo/Trade Show booth designs. They will have a positive attitude working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders — and possess great project management skills to take a project from beginning through completion.
The Creative Designer is a skilled and open communicator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback, setting expectations, and the ability to present and support design rationales to internal stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve our brand look and feel, and apply it consistently across print and digital materials
- Must be comfortable with production work – from applying design systems to packaging, working with printers, organization in proofing software, etc.
- Ability to take graphic ideas and apply them to photo assets through art direction and styling
- Design and produce original ideas and creative concepts for various packaging, marketing, and brand materials across print and digital media
- Have a pulse on current social and cultural trends in communications, media, and marketing online to be able to create relevant and engaging content
- Work closely with outside partners to form productive, creative partnerships; not limited to, production artists, photographers, web developers, and printers
- Work within a design system while recognizing opportunities to draw outside the lines
- Ensure that creative brand assets remain steps ahead of our competition by monitoring and sharing trends in food and beverage related areas of marketing
- Maintain high visual standards and strong brand presence across physical and digital channels
- Evolve and learn different mediums as the needs arise to stay up to date
- Evaluate analytics and make changes to design and design strategy based on trends
At Minimum, We’d Like You to Have:
- 5+ years of experience at a design firm/agency or an in-house design position
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong portfolio of both print and digital work that displays how you’ve solved real-world design problems
- Ability to take creative direction and work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with taking the reins and leading a project from a conceptual beginning to a successful end
- Ability to present your designs and communicate what problems they are solving. Being able to give and receive feedback is a must
- Strong sensibilities and understanding of typography, layout, color theory, and command of design principles.
- Excellent collaboration skills working with members of the So Good So You sales team, freelance and other partner resources
- Experience in CPG/food & beverage/retail environments
- Advanced software proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Willingness to learn new and evolving content creation services for video, templates, and other means of design (Examples: Animoto, Canva, Shopify, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects, maintaining schedules and meeting deadlines
- Experience with designing for retail packaging, print, and digital; having a deep understanding of the printing and digital process and procedures
- Enhance team knowledge of industry innovations and latest trends in graphic design, branding and packaging
- Understanding of WordPress and Shopify platforms
- Managing, styling, and directing photo and video shoots
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Experience with building a brand• Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to translate strategic intent into compelling design concepts
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
All candidates will be asked to submit a portfolio of work.
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org