CDL Driver is responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. Job duties include loading their vehicles, managing in-transit loads, abiding by traffic laws, and ensuring safe unloading and delivery at their destination.
- Drive CDL straight truck in Midwest area with probable overnight stays.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport goods to the intended destination
- Ensure contents are properly secured in a truck to prevent damage/injury
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Assist in mapping driving routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load match the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, wash-outs, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Comfortable with medium-haul transport
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Map reading and route planning experience
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
At least 20/40 vision with glasses or corrective lenses is required for a truck driving career. You must have a vision of 70-degree field in each eye and good hearing ability to work as a truck driver. Must be able to pass the physical required by regulations.
HOW TO APPLY Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions.