For an explosion of flavors in every bite, you need to try this kale salad recipe!
It features several of the ingredients found in SGSY shots, including ginger, orange, and honey, AND it’s nutritionally balanced with protein, fat, and carbs. Plus, if you haven’t used miso in your cooking yet, you’re missing out. Miso is a fermented paste, usually made from soybeans, that adds amazing umami flavor to dishes. And since it’s fermented, it contains probiotics. You can prep this kale salad in advance for easy lunches throughout the week, but it’s easy enough to whip on a busy workday too.
Kale Salad with Miso Dressing
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped kale, orange slices, edamame, and cashews.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, white miso paste, honey, soy sauce, and chopped ginger until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss until coated. Enjoy!
Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN, LD. Registered Dietitian and self-proclaimed veggies enthusiast, Lizzie partners with So Good So You and serves and a culinary nutrition expert. Keep an eye out for plant-based recipes, ingredient breakdowns, and much more from Lizzie.