Move over chicken salad, there’s a new plant-based version in town, and it’s so good! This recipe combines smashed chickpeas with tasty seasonings, lemon juice, tahini, and raisins.
It requires no cooking and can be easily assembled for a quick dinner. With so much plant-based goodness, it’s a perfect companion to a SGSY shot. Stuff a whole wheat pita pocket with the chickpea salad and dig in. Then, wash it down with your favorite shot!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Whole wheat pita pockets
- Add the chickpeas to a mixing bowl, and use the back of a fork to smash them
- Stir in the celery, onions, and raisins, followed by the dill, and garlic powder
- Add the wet ingredients: tahini, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined
- Slice a whole wheat pita pocket in half, and scoop the chickpea salad into it
Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN, LD. Registered Dietitian and self-proclaimed veggies enthusiast, Lizzie partners with So Good So You and serves and a culinary nutrition expert. Keep an eye out for plant-based recipes, ingredient breakdowns, and much more from Lizzie.